Friday 26 July 2013

Crests in 1420s: Part 1

I love this site. It has a great search option and thousands of images. Here is a collection of images. Once I have collated images from a few places, I will then study them, categorise them and draw some observations about the options available. As you will see, all the sources I have been able to find for the 1420's so far are German. I have included plumes, moulded sculptures and mantling as suitable examples.
UBH Cod. Pal. germ. 365 Ortnit 
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 336 Weltchronik 
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 336 Weltchronik
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 336 Weltchronik
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 336 Weltchronik
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 336 Weltchronik
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 336 Weltchronik
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 330 Der welsche Gast
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 323 Willehalm von Orlens
UBH Cod.Pal.germ. 336 Weltchronik